Emily
Numbers: 26-30:The LORD said to Moses and Aaron: “How long will this wicked community grumble against me? I have heard the complaints of these grumbling Israelites. So tell them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very thing I heard you say: In this wilderness your bodies will fall—every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me. Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.

These are the people whom God just delivered from Egypt with amazing wonders, 10 horrible plagues and parting the Red Sea. But their inheritance was taking longer than they thought it should and while Moses was up on the mountain meeting with God, the people made idols and worshipped them just as they had in Egypt, like God had never shown up. Can you blame God for being mad?

Yikes...how many times has the Lord heard me grumble? Um...more than the hairs on my head I'm sure. Especially when the vision is taking too long. My grumbling, my complaining, my faithlessness is detrimental to my future and my promise. And what impacts me deeply is that other's inheritance is dependent on my actions. I am mistaken if I think that my disobedience only hurts me. I don't want to lose my inheritance because I lose my faith. And I most certainly don't want others to miss the blessing because I took my eyes off Him. God knows human nature and that is it normal to get down and question circumstances. But only stay there for a moment. Recognize those feelings and thoughts and stop them by taking them to the Throne. Stop and pray and ask God to give you strength and restore your faith. We absolutely can not sit down in those thoughts. Get up and walk toward Him. It's the only way to the Promised Land.
0 Responses

Post a Comment